Friday, September 18, 2009

Quest: Beasts of the Apocalypse!

Level Update: 11

Beasts of the Apocalypse! is a quest in Stillpine Hold, Azuremyst Isle. The Leatherworking trainer recognizes me as "The Chosen One", a defender of the Stillpine, yet not of their blood. So he sends me off to kill Ravagers and loot their hides, which ironically, fell from the Exodar. Essentially, I'm cleaning up my own mess. Oh well, best not tell him that.

So he sends me off to kill these "Ravagers", and I go, with the promise of a powerful crafted item spuring me on. So I eventually meet these Ravegers, just as the quest text told me they'd be, for once. Directly east of the Hold, past the road. And boy.. my first "slight" challenge. These things pack a punch alone. Two of them is just enough to handle. Any more and I'd be toast. They have a nasty bleed that did a lot of damage outside of combat due to not being able to self-heal from Judgement of Light to take the edge off. I had to cast Holy Light once or twice after every couple of kills.

Luckily, use of my Rough Dynamite enabled me to kill the buggers before they became too much to handle as a pair, and eventually I looted all the hides I need.

Upon returning to the quest giver, he delightedly informs me that the armor he has crafted me is "AMAZING", and that he'll give it to me for "free"! Free my ass. Those ravagers were mean.

My reward: Ravager Chitin Tunic. Gee, thanks. Powerful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment