Saturday, September 19, 2009

Level 14 Abilities, and Experiences thus far.

Level Update: 15
Item Update: Fist of Argus from Quest: Blood Watch (/2 WTB any shield, will trade for orphan)


Bloodmyst has been good to me for the most part. Save for my first world death, I've gotten some really nice items, the latest of those being my Crystal Studded Legguards and my Protective Field Gloves! All the gear I currently have kinda matches and I look kinda cool.

Currently my gearing strategy is to just gear like any warrior or Retribution Paladin. Strength, stamina, attack power, that type of stuff. Since I don't have Holy Shock yet, which scales solely with Spell Power, and the only abilities I do have scale stronger with Attack Power than Spell Power, the only spell power gear I pick up will probably be for healing in instances, until Holy Shock at least. With Exorcism and Consecration on the horizon, which also follow the same Attack Power > Spell Power idea, warrior gear really just is the best at the moment.

I wouldnt mind picking up a great shield and one hander though. Even with my gearing strategy, I'm still going to be acting defensively in battlegrounds and PvP in general, throwing heals to allies and whatnot. If I get any Gorilla (Strength and Intellect gear) or Eagle (Stamina and Intellect gear), I'm going to be quite happy but for now, "of the Bear" (Strength and Stamina) gear is lovely.

Anyway, the abilities we learned from our trainer is as follows...

Blessing of Wisdom
- Our second blessing. This can and SHOULD be cast on you whenever you're doing any kind of healing or extensive mana usage. For questing and general solo work I prefer Blessing of Might but eventually I'm going to begin having some mana problems, which is where Blessing of Wisdom will come in handy.

Righteous Defense - Often an underrated ability, Righteous Defense is very useful for Holy Paladins. While situational at best, this allows you to pull mobs off of an underarmored and squishy clothie. Should a healer really be pulling mobs off of a clothie DPSer? Ideally no, thats the tanks job, but if you've got a crap tank, which is common in most PuGs, then you might as well put that mail (and later, plate, and later, mixed mail and plate) of yours to good use. I've prevented many a wipe, in 10/25 man raids and instances alike with a well timed taunt, and so should you.

Thats it as far as abilities for this level is concerned. Experiences thus far include...

...a little of this...
...quite a great deal more of this...
...a little of this...
...and this, unfortunately...

Thanks for reading! I'll be posting about the first Paladin quest soon, I've been slacking a bit on it but I'll get it churned out eventually. Definitely before the -second- Paladin quest. Otherwise that wouldn't make much sense. :P



1 comment:

  1. Haha, looks like you've gone through a lot so far, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete